WWE RAW REVIEW - June 17, 2019

WWE RAW REVIEW

 JUNE 17, 2019


Source: USA Network
I'm in a great mood today! I had a wonderful Father's Day, and I feel positive about RAW's chances of making me feel good this week.

Will they succeed? Let's find out.

Source: USA Network
Not bad. They accomplished some easy storytelling and got out of there in about 4 minutes.

I like Seth Rollins' declaration that anyone considering the guest referee role will meet the chair.

I also want to reiterate how refreshing it was that this first segment was quick. The live crowds can really die out on the long promos, if they are not spectacular.

The TV audience needs to see the crowd having a blast, going crazy. We need to feel like we should have been there.

Source: USA Network
A Fatal 5-Way to be the #1 Contender for The United States Championship. 

I liked that Miz and Ricochet were the featured guys at the end, and it was a real good match. I was certain it was going to be Miz that won.

Elias getting the Heath Slater treatment from all the match participants was also fun. The live crowd seemed to really enjoy it.

Source: USA Network
Source: USA Network
Good use of the in-betweens here. First, we got a quick glimpse of Cocaine Shane and the Gang, hopefully remembering which glass they roofied.

Next, we see Rollins continuing his assaults. WWE seems to be setting the tone that Seth Rollins is a take-no-bullshit badass. They're almost booking him like his girlfriend.

Source: USA Network
I think Daniel Bryan is one of the best heels in all of professional wrestling. I think they are not going hard enough into his angry liberal agenda.

The Viking Raiders; I'm ready for something a little more serious now. 

I know the process is that we're supposed to watch them conquer lesser competition as they work their way up the roster. The problem with that in 2019, is that I already watched them conquer NXT. 

Isn't NXT the minor leagues? Why does the big leagues have forgettable bums on it, then? It just feels like a waste of time.

I've accepted that it's okay to acknowledge that R-Truth has made the 24/7 Championship fun.

I think it's safe to say, however, that he has set the bar at a place that I'm not sure anyone else is going to really reach.

Source: USA Network
This was awesome. I really like how this played out. Shane being a dick; Drew baiting Heath into a brutal attack; The Revival pocketing all the cash; it was all great.

Source: USA Network
A bit of a stretch to have EC3 unconscious for so long, but it was a fun use of him as a prop. 

I'm not sure what happens to EC3 after this run of comic jobbing, but most don't end up in a good place.

Isn't he supposed to be 1% rich? Can't he buy a little more success than this? Why aren't we telling any stories around his money? 

Source: USA Network
Baron Corbin seems to have lost some of the only friends he had left. I hope there is a big payoff at Stomping Grounds. 

I hope Corbin's guest referee is a big surprise that helps Corbin beat Rollins for the title. I'm not sure who that would be.

Another fun thing could be that Corbin never does get anyone. Everyone who agrees, gets beat up. Finally Shane McMahon says he found a volunteer that is unafraid of Rollins and his chair; Mr. Money In The Bank Brock Lesnar. 

Imagine the crazy match that could be told while two competitors have to worry about the special guest referee possibly cashing in his Money In The Bank contract. Especially when that referee is Brock Lesnar!  

Source: USA Network
Is this really happening? How many years straight have we seen this promo at least 20 times? Paul Heyman is one of the greatest; but if Brock isn't in the house; let's let Paul stay home.

Source: USA Network
I'm liking Seth Rollins beating people mercilessly with chairs. Especially since Seth Rollins is associated with an infamous chair shot to the back.

Source: USA Network
Feels like we're getting a rebirth of The Club. I actually think this is a good idea, provided it's pulled off right. 

Do you agree? Share YOUR thoughts with us on Twitter using #TweetTheTable.

Source: USA Network
This wasn't bad. Roman finally had enough, so he took the fight to them. 

I gotta say, though; I feel like Drew wins at Stomping Grounds

Source: USA Network
So is Bayley going to start getting an unfair reputation for not being what she seems? 

Will we find out that the reputation might not be so "unfair? "

Source: USA Network
Now I'm ready to see how Bray Wyatt turns this into in-ring storylines. I'm not sure this particular episode of The Firefly Funhouse had much to it, maybe we get an in-ring debut next week?

Source: USA Network
Well okay, a big ass brawl broke out. Then they all got sent away.

They continued to bok Seth Rollins to look strong, but it was very cool to end with him getting a chair shot to the back. That was very good storytelling throughout the night.

I thought this was a very good episode of RAW. There wasn't much time-wasting, there was themes that carried throughout the night, there was fun moments, and there was some vicious moments.

Hopefully this carries into Stomping Ground and the weeks that follow.

If you want to hear more of my thoughts, and the thoughts of Tom, check out the next episode of The Spanish Announce Table podcast, where we will talk about this show, and so much more!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment