Stomped Out - A Review of WWE Stomping Grounds 2019

Stomped Out

A Review of WWE Stomping Grounds 2019


It's finally here! WWE Stomping Grounds is upon us! What wild twists and turns will the team of WWE writers take us down on as we journey through this WWE Network special event?

Source: wwe.com
Kicking things off with The Man!

I know people haven't been super excited with this storyline against Lacey Evans, but after the match I do feel like it's good that it wasn't one of the regulars that we've already seen Becky Lynch wrestle about fifty times each.

Hopefully, this is Lacey's last shot for a while, and Becky can look strong with this win, moving forward; like a champion.
This was also good for Lacey Evans. It's believable that she's in the main event field, and can now go tell some credible storylines with some of the other upper-tier roster members.

⭐⭐⭐
3 out of 5 stars!

Like us on FACEBOOK at fb.com/SpanishAnnounceTablePodcast

Source: wwe.com
This is a match full of wrestlers that the fans are behind; that the fans genuinely like, and want to see succeed.

It is also, however, full of wrestlers with no real direction. I mean, I guess there is a storyline here, but not much of an interesting one.

In fairness, not everything can be an Emmy-worthy nail-biter, so I'll try to not complain. These four did well; which was expected from such veterans.

What's next? When the heels win in the fashion that Owens and Zayn did, we'd typically get a continuation of the storyline, which might not be terrible. Hopefully there can be something a little more unique to it, moving forward.

⭐⭐⭐
3 out of 5 stars!

Follow us on INSTAGRAM at ig.com/TweetTheTable

Source: wwe.com
I didn't think they were going to give Ricochet the win here. I'm not necessarily shocked by it.

I'm sure Ricochet won't do terrible as the champion, but he really reminds me of an early A.J. Styles. He's super athletic, very likeable; but he just doesn't really say anything that gets me to care about the outcomes of his matches.

Honestly, I'd prefer they left the title on Samoa Joe; I think he can tell better stories with it. I'm guessing there will be a rematch, maybe.

Of course, these two are really good in the ring, and they gave a lot of effort. However, like I mentioned earlier, there wasn't much in the story for me to care about the outcome.

If there had been a more intriguing reason behind this match, it might have pushed the performance from pretty good to great.

⭐⭐⭐ 3 out of 5 stars!

Visit www.SpanishAnnounceTable.net to subscribe to the podcast and shop our Merch Table!

Source: wwe.com
Thankfully The Planet's Champions have saved us from the evil, environmentally-destructive Heavy Machinery!

In all seriousness, I do really like the angry liberal gimmick, but I think it could be really huge if the focus was solely on Daniel Bryan. Then it would be in the spotlight of main event feuds, as opposed to this.

Don't get me wrong; this match was fine. The storyline; also fine. I like that Heavy Machinery is getting exposure and experience. I think they are a good tag team that can be a marketing goldmine if handled correctly.

So, if this match helped further them along, then it's not the worst thing for this to be an average performance.

⭐⭐⭐ 3 out of 5 stars!

We kindly accept PAYPAL donations to help keep our content free to you! Use tableshow@gmail.com to donate!

Source: wwe.com
This was really good. This has been a well-told, relatable story that managed to carry a "real fight" feel over the last few weeks.

Bayley is stacking up a track record of putting in big-time PPV matches. Is she going to earn the title of Big Match Bayley?

I really liked how this played out with Alexa using Nikki Cross as a human shield. Certainly this will lead to more of this story. I like the subtleties and their implications.

⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 out of 5 stars!

Follow @TableShow on Twitter! Use #TweetTheTable with your wrestling thoughts and we might read yours on the next podcast!

Source: wwe.com
Roman wins! I'm sure you didn't expect THAT, did you?

I don't know that I felt any different about this story than I did going in, and that's not a good thing.

I'm just not sure that whatever WWE sees in Roman , as far as a "top babyface" goes, but it is NOT coming through the TV screen.

He's not bad, he's not boring; he just doesn't really have the "all spotlights on me" charisma that WWE seems to believe he has.

This match is what you would think it would be. Two big athletes slamming hard. Not terrible, just not really exciting either.

⭐⭐⭐
3 out of 5 stars!

Subscribe to us on YOUTUBE at youtube.com/SpanishAnnounceTube!

Source: wwe.com
Not a bad match at all. I liked how Kofi won in the end.

Maybe if they could find more ways to touch on Kofi's Royal Rumble history of unorthodox, athletic ways to stay in the game, then his title run night excite me a little more.

He's done nothing wrong, necessarily. I'm just not feeling a whole lot of real emotion, outside of "wow, I never thought I would achieve this", which gets old fast.

I'm not sure where they go with Kofi next, and I'm not sure I really believed that Dolph had a chance in hell of taking that title anyway; so I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

⭐⭐⭐
3 out of 5 stars!

Follow Tim and Tom on Twitter! @TheAwesomeVoice and @TMac_816!

I don't know what the hell happened here, but I would hope this was all a Plan B. I thought for sure it was Brock Lesnar that was going to be the Guest Referee.

I don't know if this was all designed to highlight the relationship between Seth and Becky, but that feels weak as shit.

I don't care that they are dating, unless you're going to make something cool out of it. By the looks of it, WWE thinks what's cool is an apparent Seth and Becky vs Baron and Lacey match at Summer Slam. That is NOT cool!

But whatever, the match was fine, I guess. I just feel like this was all for pretty much nothing.

⭐⭐⭐
3 out of 5 stars!

Well, or all felt pretty average. Which, is what they all feel like lately.

Maybe RAW will pick things back up. Tune in to my next RAW review to see if they disappointed me there also!

Until next time, remember to check out the website, subscribe to the podcast, and buy some merch!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment