WWE RAW REVIEW - June 10, 2019

WWE RAW REVIEW

 JUNE 10, 2019


source: USA Network
Coming of the heels of the "exciting" Super Showdown, what will the fallout be on RAW?

Will the San Jose crowd love, or loathe, what is presented to them? 

Let's settle in for a 3-hour tour, and find out the answers to these questions! 

source: USA Network
Fifteen minutes of rehearsed promos and stare-downs!

Having Baron picking his own referee for his upcoming title match against Seth Rollins is a great idea.

I like the explanation, that Corbin feels the referee cost him his previous title chance, so he gets to hand-pick the special guest referee for the next match.

I even like that Sami Zayn got involved and is actively trying to be that referee, hoping for a return favor from Corbin.

Throwing Kevin Owens into the mix felt a little excessive, but he's the lifelong best friend of Sami Zayn, so those two essentially get a free pass to always be in each other's storylines.

source: USA Network
It is hard for me to understand why WWE thinks I will get mad, and dislike Lars because he beats up The Lucha House Party.

It is even harder for me to comprehend why they think I will KEEP getting angry when he won't do anything else. 

I'm not angry; I'm just bored.

source: USA Network
Hey! Look at that! GTV is back!

Is that too old of a reference in 2019?

They say it was supposed to be revealed that Tom Green was behind GTV. That would have excited me about as much as the current 24/7 Title storyline excites me.

source: USA Network
These are some of the same faces Tom and I make while we record episodes of The Spanish Announce Table podcast.

I know the play is that Lacey Evans is a "lady", and Becky Lynch is " The Man", but it just feels like they're milking that to a point where there's nothing much else to the story. 

I would have Lacey Evans trying to host several seminars where she's advising girls on how to be a "lady", and have Becky Lynch call in and wreck shit. Get loud, get crass, everything not "ladylike". 

Lacey then gets revenge in the way of a beat down and a challenge for the title at "fill-in-the-blank WWE Network event".

source: USA Network
I guess we're seeing a confused Alexa Bliss. She is still doing evil, though she is becoming self-aware of how that is affecting her personal life negatively.

Or maybe I'm hoping for way more subtlety than WWE is capable of providing in 2019.

source: USA Network
This would have been a perfectly intriguing storyline of if they left it at Joe and Miz. 

Joe's line about Miz's family was good, and their chemistry in the stare-down was also good. 

Then we got 4 other people involved. Then we got a random 6-man tag for no real reason, even though the champion had to team with guys who were just ready to fight him. 

Then Cesaro got hurt. 

Was all this really needed?

Source: USA Network
Looks like Nikki Cross was a little upset about the way Alexa's team won the match. 

I'm still left with mixed messages about Alexa Bliss. Hopefully, that's the point. 

source: USA Network
This was good. I like how Shane McMahon just made the declaration as though he came up with Sami Zayn's idea himself.

I do think the performance of it was lacking a little subtlety, but that feels like being too picky with what they've been putting out lately.

source: USA Network
Even though it's accepted as a fact that Paul Heyman can talk people into the building; we've reached a point where I no longer care.

That's weird to say, because this was a good promo; of course. I just feel like this shtick is completely used up.

source: USA Network
IIconics vs jobbers. I can't hate it too much because the IIconics are fun.

I'm sure it will get old fast, though.

source: USA Network
It's time for another edition of Cocaine Shane and the Gang! 

This just feels too recycled. I want them to be done with it, or do something shocking.

Now I feel like I need to make sure that they understand "shocking" is not a brawl backstage. Like, something diabolical, backstabbing, etc. 

Any ideas? Share them with us on Twitter using #TweetTheTable.

source: USA Network
Sure.Why not. There's still not much to the story they are telling here, but The Revival are fine as Tag Team Champs. 

And hey, maybe now The Usos can catch them sleeping and draw on their faces with markers. That's what cool guys do in 2019, right? 

source: USA Network
Bray Wyatt might have stumbled upon a marketing goldmine with this new gimmick. 

If they are not selling an actual jam that I can buy by next month, they are not doing things right.

Tom did pose a heavy question on the podcast, when he asked; how do we get this to the ring? 

source: USA Network
No complaints here. They made good use of Sami in the outside referee role, which gave good reason to have Rollins snap. Not sure where they go next, but I'm pretty sure Corbin ain't coming close to winning that title.

The Jon Moxley podcast interviews have really made it sink in that the storylines will continue to be boring until their corporate "think-tank" style of doing things goes away.

Maybe that happens because of FOX, maybe that happens because of TNA, and maybe it happens because of natural causes. I just hope it happens.

Either way, if you want to hear more of my thoughts, and the thoughts of Tom, check out the next episode of The Spanish Announce Table podcast, where we will talk about this show, and so much more!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment